Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14 2010

Today was a fairly boring day in the market. I mainly look at the SP, but it seemed like most of the indexes were up a slight amount. My stocks pretty much followed this trend, up about a percent or two. BGS turned sour at the end of the day and finished negative.

My strategy is still being employed as normal. All of my stocks (save LYG) are above their 200 and 50 day Moving Average, so they are still buys. They are performing well in their specific industries, so their Relative Strength is still high. These all point to more momentum in the long term. I want to sell covered calls but this is not worthwhile right now. I put in a limit order for a covered call on CIM 5 Sept for .10, 2 contracts. Ill make like 1% on this transaction, but it's better than 0%.

Today I looked into protective puts on CIM. Ill talk more about this tomorrow and show some math on the subject.

The euro has recovered fairly well. I was shorting it using an ETF named EUO, and made about $300 on 93 shares. I may want to get back into shorting the euro, but would need to raise capital some how. Right now, since my stocks are all doing well, there is not much pressure to switch back to the euro.

No comments:

Post a Comment